This may very well be the best book I’ve ever read to my children.
Okay, now that that’s out of the way, I’ll tell you why:
- The main character, Princess Emma, is a great role model for any little girl. She’s tough, smart, caring, and sticks to what she loves: dragons. Though she tries to be what the Royal Princess Academy wants her to be, she proves that being herself is much more becoming of a princess.
- The chapters are short and easy to read out loud.
- The writing is engaging to even the toughest listener. My youngest is a total rebel when it comes to our nightly reading sessions. She never wanted to listen, until Dragon Dreams. The author, Laura Joy Rennert, has a great talent and I hope she continues to write about Princess Emma.
- The reading level was perfect for my 1st grader.
- The illustrations by Melanie Florian were so cute, my kids couldn’t wait to see what was on the next page.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this as your next read-aloud because, parents, you will love this book as much as your kids do! Buy the book today!
~ Thankfully Exhausted